This summer, nonprofit organizations in almost half the states in the country, spanning more than sixty cities in the US, find themselves on a trajectory to reduce their dependence on foundation support to sustain their programs.
Before you register for the GRANTMAKER TOWN HALL on Thursday, May 31 at 1:00 p.m. EST, to follow, you can read more about the enhancements we've made to the Jumpstart Program, all of which have been designed to not just enhance the grantee experience, but ensure each can expand and diversify revenue.
BUILD OUT OF FOUR MAIN PILLARS
We're now more tightly integrating the component parts that comprise the Jumpstart offering:
1) Virtual Coaching & Direct Fundraising Services
Coaches have now gone through a new, special training process and will be certified by Network for Good to not only be a more effective Coach, but also help align monthly fundraising activities with nonprofits’ new software to ensure each can achieve monthly milestones to increase revenue as well as fundraising capacity.
2) Live-streaming Community Convenings & Resource Showcase
Lead by Network for Good’s Fundraiser-in-Residence, nonprofits, and their Coach will be invited to a monthly, live-streaming Community Convening designed to rollout, train, and provide real-time examples of fundraising successes and failures around a topical growth area of fundraising. Further, every convening is designed to align the individualized work of each Coach and nonprofits to ensure a consistent experience from which NFG can further enable your success.
3) Facilitating Board & Staff Alignment
Any experienced practitioner would probably agree: If you ask staff and board members “Who is chiefly responsible for fundraising?” you’ll get very different answers. Beginning this summer, nonprofits will invite board member participation in the Community Convenings and coaching sessions, so we can help bring visibility to the dependencies that staff, executives, and volunteers all have on each other to raise money through a healthy culture of philanthropy.
4) Adopting Your New Fundraising Operating System
The feedback we consistently heard over the last few months is that nonprofits need more help to better leverage the bundled software they now have. For this reason, the Community Convenings will address how to implement the fundraising activities nonprofits and their Coaches decide are necessary, through the NFG software, like:
- Data hygiene, segmentation & goal monitoring
- Email, direct mail, text design & delivery
- Automation of engagement, appeals & retention contact
- Equipping board, staff, & volunteers to directly fundraise
DIRECTLY MANAGING TO MILESTONES
We've established ten milestones that will drive the work of you, your Coach, and your NFG software to help you expand and diversify revenue:
Fundraising Readiness | June - July
While summer is a time for vacation and getting recharged, it also is a perfect time to plan and prepare. As such, we’ve created the following milestones to achieve by July 30, so that you are ready to engage your donors and prospects.
1. Setup & configure an online giving page on your website
2. Load and segment all data into your donor management software
Equip Board Fundraise & Acquire Donors | August - September
The primary reason board members don’t directly fundraise is because they don’t know how – and aren’t equipped to. We’ve created milestones to help you engage your board (yes, over the summer) achieve the following by September 30.
3. Secure 10 new individual donors through a peer-to-peer campaign
4. Identify & qualify 15 new major gift prospects to begin to cultivate
Year-end Fundraising Sprint | October - December
In the last 40 days of the calendar year, more than $70 billion is given to nonprofit organizations. Between #GivingTuesday and December 31, we will help you:
5. Secure 25 new gifts from new donors from your prospect segment
6. Compel 20% of your current donors to increase their gift over last year
Relationships & Retention | January - March
While the new year means new priorities, beginning relationships with the donors and prospects you’ve secured and/or identified after the holiday is critical. We’ve created milestones for you to achieve the following by March 30:
7. Enroll 100% of new & lapsed donors into a monthly email retention campaign
8. Secure 3 major gifts from the segment of 15 prospects previously identified
Acquisition & Second Ask | April - June
If you’ve thanked and engaged your year-end donors in a way that communicates not only your gratitude but the programmatic impact their gift has made, they are 72% more likely to make a second gift within 6 months of their last. We’ve created milestones for you to achieve the following by June 30.
9. 25% of current donors make a second gift to your spring campaign
10. 10% of special event donors make a gift to your spring campaign
JOIN US FOR THE TOWN HALL
ON THURSDAY MAY 31 @ 1:00 PM EST, we'll preview the modifications we've made to the Jumpstart Program before the official rollout to our shared grantees, please join us for a special virtual town hall for Jumpstart Grantmakers, followed by live Q&A.